Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I Got Sole.

Throughout my teenage years, I've always a certain craving for shoes. Vans, Nike's, Puma's, Jordan's. Yeah, the hype has died down for me personally, but it makes me wonder how different my adolescence would be if I had never experienced this "love" for sneakers. I wouldn't have discovered the dance community, learned how to manage my money to get what I want, and meet a lot of the friends I have now.

It's kinda funny how a simple piece of leather we place on our feet for protection can change someone's life.







6 comments:

Unknown said...

why wouldn't you have experienced the dance community?
the trendiest shoes made you dance?

Unknown said...

and you met alot of friends cuz of shoes...???
is that really that accurate???
lmao.

ishnamedkarl. said...

damn derek, why you so hard on me? ahaha

no the trendiest shoes did not make me dance but it was at the dunk exchanges i would go to, where i heard about a lot about bboy crews. remember when we were into breaking? breaking wasn't working out so well so we got into choreography and eventually led to watching teams online and me being on BMod.

And yes, lol I have met some of friends through sneakers and it has caused some friends i have now to become ccloser through things we have in ommon. just cause you don't know about them or haven't met them doesn't mean they're not there lol

Unknown said...

cuz i like it hard. ;)

Jason Wright said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason Wright said...

I hate you small footed bastards